Officials for the Munich Satellite Navigation Summit announced the theme for the 2019 event while attending the ION GNSS+ conference in Miami last fall and are now preparing for their 2019 conference in the spring.
“Augment Yourself with GNSS…” will be the theme of the 2019 edition of the Munich Satellite Navigation Summit, taking place on March 25–27, 2019 at the Alte Kongresshalle in Munich. The organizing Institute of Space Technology and Space Applications (ISTA) of the Universitaet der Bundeswehr Muenchen will invite experts from all over the world to talk about the latest news on Positioning, Navigation, and Timing and their role for Augmented/Mixed Reality as well as other up-to-date technologies.
The conference starts on March 25, 2019 with the Exhibition Opening and Champagne Reception at 4 pm, followed by the Opening Plenary Panel at 4:45 pm. Afterwards a reception will provide opportunities for high-level networking with experts from industry, science and government.
Trending topics for the Summit include:
- First and Second Generation of the European satellite navigation system Galileo
- Modernization of the U.S. Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Status and modernization of the Russian Global Satellite Navigation System (GLONASS)
- Developments of new global and regional systems like the Chinese BeiDou (BDS), the Japanese QZSS and the Indian NavIC (IRNSS)
- Augmented/Mixed Reality and the use of Android raw measurements
- Autonomous Systems
- Civil use of the Public Regulated Service
- GNSS satellites and the Space Service Volume
- Legal aspects on selected topics in the field of GNSS
…and many more up-to-date topics on GNSS.
Online registration for the Munich Satellite Navigation Summit is possible via the website.