NovAtel Inc.’s Application Programming Interface (API) is a set of predefined functions for developing custom software to execute from and interface with the GNSS receiver platform. The next generation API from NovAtel features a simple scripting language designed to easily create scripts to perform specialized operations that run onboard the receiver.
The seamless customization of output formats and the ability to write custom algorithms without an additional processor gives users control of their data. The increased functionality of the API eliminates system hardware, simplifies system design, reduces development time and decreases time to market, according to NovAtel. The next generation API is only available on the OEM7® family of receivers.
- Application runs on OEM7 receivers
- Scripts can be written quickly using the LUA scripting language
- Scripts are loaded onto the receiver and can be run anytime
- Complete access to all commands and logs
- Eliminates need for a dedicated hardware platform, thereby improving manufacturability and reliability of products
- Simplifies system design to reduce costs
- No need for a compiler
- Development kit with examples included
For more information on supporting products, visit the company website at: https://www.novatel.com/products/firmware-options/firmware/api/#relatedProducts
Other product categories which are required with this product to create a complete system include receivers and antennas.