VectorNav showcased its new VN-310 at the recent InterGeo expo in Berlin and at the Association of the United States Army (AUSA) 2020 conference in Washington, D.C. The VN-310 is a tactical-grade, high-performance dual antenna GNSS-aided inertial navigation system (Dual GNSS/INS). Incorporating the latest inertial sensor and GNSS technology, the VN-310 combines 3-axis accelerometers, 3-axis gyros, 3-axis magnetometers and two multi-band L1/L2/E5b GNSS receivers into a compact embedded module or ruggedized packaging option to deliver a high-accuracy position, velocity and attitude solution under both static and dynamic conditions.
The VN-310 was designed for applications that require highly accurate inertial navigation solutions, especially in environments with unreliable magnetic heading and good GNSS visibility. The VN-310 provides the ability to accurately estimate true heading (azimuth with respect to True North) in both static as well as dynamic conditions without any reliance on magnetic sensors. This is accomplished by utilizing GPS interferometry techniques, which measure the heading of the vehicle or platform without any assumptions regarding the vehicle dynamics (RTK moving baseline technique). This is a crucial feature for applications that require an accurate heading at startup, or in situations where insufficient motion is present to perform dynamic alignment.
The VN-310 is available in two packaging options: a precision milled, anodized aluminum enclosure designed to meet DO-160G standards. With dual I/O connectors the VN-310 offers maximum flexibility for interfacing with external GNSS receivers and IMUs. Alternatively the VN-310 is available in a miniature, board-mount option delivering tactical-grade IMU performance in an ultra compact package bringing unprecedented capability to SWaP-C constrained applications.
- GNSS Compass for static and low dynamic heading accuracy
- VectorNav Processing Engine (VPE) for disturbance rejection, adaptive filtering, dynamic filter tuning
- Coupled position, velocity and attitude estimates
- All sensors are individually calibrated for bias, scale factor, misalignment, and temperature over full operating range (-40°C to 85 °C).
- 184 Channel L1/L2/E5b GNSS Receivers. RTK Capable: Support for External RTCM v3 Inputs
- Raw GNSS Data: Exportable RINEX Data for PPK; Raw Psuedorange, Doppler and Carrier Phase outputs
- 800 Hz IMU Data
- 400 Hz navigation and attitude data: Yaw/Pitch/Roll; Position and Velocity
- Tactical Rugged IP 68 rated enclosure designed to DO-160G
- Vibration: MIL-STD-810G, EMI: MIL-STD-461G, Electrical: MIL-STD-1275E
- VectorNav Control Center freely available for easy setup, configuration and logging
Size: 31 x 31 x 11 mm
Power: <1.6 W
Weight: <15 g
Size: 56 x 56 x 31 mm
Power: <3.3 W
Weight: 160 g