The IEEE International Frequency Control Symposium (IFCS) will be held at The Roosevelt Hotel in New Orleans, Louisiana, U.S.A. on May 9 – 12, 2016.
Post deadline paper submissions will be considered through April 8, 2016. Please send inquiries to the Technical Program Chair, Elizabeth Donley, at <email@example.com>.
Registration information can be found here.
The Symposium program consists of tutorials and focus sessions in addition to the regular technical sessions. A technical exhibition will be held during the conference.
Among the technical sessions, Group 5: Timekeeping, Time and Frequency Transfer, GNSS Applications is of particular interest to readers of Inside GNSS. It covers:
- TAI and Time Scales, and associated Algorithms
- GNSS and applications
- Telecommunications Network Synchronization
- Time and Frequency Transfer
- Frequency and Time Distribution
- Frequency and Time Calibration Services
Other conference topics are:
- Group 1: Materials, Resonators, & Resonator Circuits
- Group 2: Oscillators, Synthesizers, Noise, & Circuit Techniques
- Group 3: Microwave Frequency Standard
- Group 4: Sensors & Transducers
- Group 6: Optical Frequency Standards and Applications
A visit to the LIGO (Laser Interferometer for Gravitational-wave Observatory) facility in Livingston, Louisiana is planned for Friday morning, the day after the conference.