The European GNSS Agency (GSA) is looking for experts with a high level of expertise and professional experience in navigation satellite systems to assist it with tasks related to the implementation of the Fundamental Elements funding mechanism.
The Agency is interested in experts with professional experience in specific market segments such as aviation, location-based services, agriculture, surveying, rail, road, maritime, and timing and synchronization and/or with hi-tech business building skills.
Specifically, the GSA would like to involve business and technical experts with proven experience in one or more of the following areas:
- E-GNSS signal processing;
- Development (hardware, software/firmware algorithms etc.) of E-GNSS receivers and antennas;
- Applications, services and products in the area of E-GNSS;
- E-GNSS technologies state of the art boosting, particularly E-GNSS differentiators.
Recommended to Apply Early
The call for expression of interest is permanently open, so there is no application deadline. However, early application is encouraged since the first experts should be appointed in the third quarter of 2019, the GSA stated. If you are interested in this opportunity, you can register here.
Experts who have already registered in the Participant Portal expert database are invited to log-on here to declare their interest in Fundamental Elements assignments and to update their area(s) of expertise.
Fundamental Elements is an EU R&D funding mechanism supporting the development of EGNSS-enabled chipsets, receivers and antennas. Fundamental Elements projects are part of the overall European GNSS strategy for market uptake, led by the GSA. The objectives of the program can be summarized as follows:
- Facilitate the adoption of EGNSS, building on innovative services and differentiators;
- Improve the competitiveness of EU industry ;
- Address user needs in priority market segments ;
- Maximize benefits to European citizens.
The total budget for projects to be carried out in 2015-2020 is EUR 111.5 million, or about $125.010 million U.S.