Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) offers a full spectrum of RF expertise and devices. At IMS2022, ADI will showcase its latest RF, microwave, and millimeter wave technologies for instrumentation and aerospace & defense applications.
ADI at IMS2022 highlights include:
• “Calibrating RF/Microwave Front Ends in Multichannel Receiver and Transmitter Systems”
Date/Time: Thursday, June 23, 8:00 AM – 9:40 AM
Presenter: Mike Jones, Systems Applications Manager
Demos & Previews:
• Vector Network Analyzer: Vector network analysis is now used beyond the lab in applications that range from system health monitoring solutions to production test equipment. See how a small form factor 20GHz, 8-port network analyzer solution that performs live measurements and displays s-parameter magnitude and phase measurement results in a custom-built graphical user interface.
• SATCOM Signal Chain: Witness ADI’s full signal chain solution for SATCOM applications, along with a reference design, that enables customers to accelerate their own designs.
• High-Speed Wireless Data Interconnect: See how ADI is addressing data interconnect over rotary joint applications in Industry 4.0, factory automation and other robotic settings.
• Complete Solution for mmWave 5G Radio Units: Discover the breadth of ADI’s sub-6 GHz and mmWave 5G portfolio through a complete 28 GHz 4T4R 5G RU designed fully in-house with ADI ICs and antenna IP from low PHY through an air interface. This comprehensive solution, comprising market-proven IP, significantly reduces the customer execution risk, time to market, and resources required by utilizing ADI’s RF, mixed-signal, and mmWave IC and system-level design expertise. Learn how ADI can accelerate your mmWave 5G deployments across the entire 24 GHz to 47 GHz space.
• Single Pole Double Throw Switch in SOI: Learn about ADI’s high power SOI switches and select tuned GaN amplifiers in a power amplifier bank application. This is an easy-to-use alternate to GaN and PIN switches.
• mmWave 5G Evolution: Innovative wideband switches and attenuators in SOI process are exhibited on their evaluation boards for key performance metrics within a live demo. The latest devices in bondable and packaged form warrant solid performance over the mmWave 5G frequency span, while offering an attractive solution to bias and size challenges in microwave assemblies.
• PLL and Quadband VCO Frequency Synthesizer: ADI enables fast switching and high performance in a novel PLL circuit design using quadband VCOs comprised of four narrow bands integrated into a single package. The design delivers benefits similar to the frequency range of wideband PLLs, as well as the phase noise performance and lock time of narrowband PLL performance.
• Synchronization of Dual Fractional PLL with Integrated VCO: Ultra-low jitter and synchronized multiple high frequency clocks are essential to achieving high performance in modern communication, instrumentation, and radar applications. This demo illustrates how to achieve high performance in clocks with EZSYNC and Timed-SYNC capabilities of our new Fractional PLL chips. The solution enables selection of the most suitable synchronization method while providing the best-in-class jitter performance up to 12.8 GHz.
• Optimizing Power Solutions for RF Signal Chains: See how ADI’s methodology to meet power domain sensitivity and realistic power supply noise limit optimizes power solutions for RF signal chains. The optimized power solution improves form factor, power efficiency and power loss of the standard power solution while achieving the RF signal chain dynamic performances. This methodology demonstrates various power supply design optimizations including RF transceivers, RF amplifiers, high speed ADCs and DACs, and more.
• Reduce EMI and BOM with Silent Switcher µModule Regulator: ADI’s Silent Switcher® architecture minimizes EMI emissions enabling the µModule Regulator to pass CISPR22 class B. The combination of Silent Switcher, wide operating frequency range and multiple operating modes minimize EMI and make it ideal for noise sensitive applications. Quad configurable output Silent Switcher regulators can replace up to 4 single output competitive modules enabling design acceleration and BOM reduction.
• X-Band Hybrid Beamforming Radar System Platform: Learn more about ADI’s antenna-to-bits system platform which integrates ADC/DAC solutions with RF/Microwave up-/down-converter circuitry and analog beamforming ICs (BFICs). The platform enables a full hybrid beamforming signal chain capable of being controlled and evaluated with example HDL and software scalable to a customer’s end system.
• Phased Array Prototyping Platform: The Quad-MxFE® System Development Platform is a 16 Tx/16 Rx channel direct sampling phased array system solution that supports applications including radars, electronic warfare, and SATCOM. Built from four MxFE® transceivers, RF front-ends, clocking, and power circuitry, the platform features multi-chip synchronization, system level calibrations and beamforming algorithms. The system mates with a Xilinx® VCU118 Evaluation Board and includes HDL code and MATLAB software.
• Agile RF Software Defined Radio (SDR) Transceivers: RF Agile Software-Defined Radio (SDR) Transceivers for Mission Critical Communications operate from 30 MHz to 6000 MHz with narrow-Band 12 kHz and wideband signals up to 40 MHz. See how these high dynamic range direct conversion transceivers minimize Bill of Material BOM, incorporate RF system calibrations, programmable digital filtering, and advanced system level features for optimal size, weight, power, and cost (SWaP-C).
• Instrumentation Grade 5G mmWave Signal Chain: Learn more about ADI’s high performance millimeter wave signal chain for 50GHz+ wireless communications test solutions. The system demonstrates instrument grade error vector magnitude (EVM) performance (<-40dB) covering the latest 5G and Wifi frequency bands. The demo features ADI’s latest RF sampling MxFE® converters and widest bandwidth RF front end components, including mixers, amplifiers and switches. The Signal Chain also highlights clocking and power management devices for rapid evaluation and deployment.
• Unal Kudret, Product Applications Engineer: “Is it Difficult to Synchronize Fractional PLLs? Not Anymore!” on Tuesday, June 21 from 11:15 AM – 11:30 AM
• Kieran Barrett, Product Applications Engineer: “Fast Switching, High Performance PLL and Quadband VCO Frequency Synthesizer” on Wednesday, June 22 from 12:45 PM – 1:00 PM
• Eric Carty, Product Applications Engineer: “DC to 64Gbps Micro Relay with Integrated Driver, A Simplified Solution to Increase Productivity” on Wednesday, June 22 from 4:45 PM – 5:00 PM
• Unal Kudret, Product Applications Engineer: “Need Sub-10fs RMS Jitter Signal Generation: Translation Loops” on Thursday, June 23 from 10:45 AM – 11:00 AM
• Bryan Goldstein, Vice President of Aerospace and Defense: “RF Boot Camp (Session: RFMW Application Focus) on Monday, June 20.
• John Cowles, Senior Director of Engineering: “Advances in SATCOM Phased-Arrays and Constellations for LEO, MEO and GEO Systems” one-day workshop on Monday, June 20.