SATELLITE 2017 Conference Held in Washington, D.C.
February 24, 2017
SATELLITE 2017 “Explore the Connected World” unites aerospace thought leaders, entrepreneurs, executives, engineers, end-users and enthusiasts together in one place from March 6-9, 2017 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, Washington, D.C.
For more than 35 years, SATELLITE has played a critical role in determining how satellites will shape the future of our world. The show welcomes a community of aerospace professionals from every market and field of study, hailing from more than 150 nations around the world.
During SATELLITE Week, attendees will discuss major issues such as:
• How space-segment technology evolving at such a rapid pace has forced significant advances in ground-based technology, especially with easy-to-install, multi-band antenna design
• The realization of the value of comprehensive imagery and remote sensing data by the satellite industry – a resource that is driving a surprisingly vast group of new customers to satellite’s doorstep (retail, agriculture, local governments, insurance companies, etc.)
• The increasing options in launch vehicles are changing the economics of getting into space and doing business there
• The adaption of satellite manufacturing techniques – and spacecraft builders – to new paradigms in time to delivery, volume and complexity of models, continued miniaturization and production processes
• How downward pricing pressures in some world regions, coupled with the aggressive plans of emerging marketplace entrants, are forcing the big players to innovate and think differently about the value equation for communications via satellite
• Financing for the “new space” era means billions of dollars are flowing into the idea pipeline, promising to change the future of space-based services, creating winners and losers over the next few years as companies address new market realities.
The list of speakers includes: Jeff Bezos, the founder of Blue Origin, and the founder, chairman, and chief executive officer of Amazon; Robbie Schingler, the Co-Founder and Chief Strategy Officer of Planet; Gwynne Shotwell, the President of SpaceX; Maj. Gen. David D. Thompson, Vice Commander, Air Force Space Command, Peterson Air Force Base, Colorado; and Tamara Casey, CTO of Ligado Networks, who will discuss “Accelerating Unmanned System Enablement.”
For a full list of SATELLITE 2017 speakers, click here.
To register, click here.
Copyright © Gibbons Media & Research LLC, all rights reserved.